Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This Weekend

Rode a crapload of miles this weekend. The best was the CSH ride. I made the mistake of trying to jump out and chase the lead group on Pea Ridge. That tore me up....and no one followed me! Bastards! (not really, everyone was really cool on the ride)

The ride down Lower Moncure was great. I'm going to have to remember that one. That is a great road; save some of the potholes. It had some really nice long rolling hills.

I was not counting on doing Hwy 42 the hard way and I mashed my gears way too hard for that. I ended up hanging with his guy who had the exact same bike as mine only it was a 60 and not a 50. That guy was huge. Nice to draft behind. :)

Some guy had shiny ass in the beginning of the ride. You could see his frickin crack smiling back at you. I was waiting for a brown turtle to poke it's head out. They need an ass check on those store rides. If you need new shorts then either you buy them before you ride or you ride in the back the whole time.

Avent Ferry was an absolute bitch. That was my breaking point thanks to not using my small gears on the hills. I could only watch everyone just run up those hills faster than me. Fatty jerks!

Oh yeah, the last 100 yards of Old Holly Springs Road is not paved anymore. It used to be 2 weeks ago. Whoever stole the pavement I would really appreciate you putting it back.

Triple Mountain this weekend. GO MEATBALLS!

3 comments:

gatesmeatbal said...

What about the meatball ride on Sat. Or the ride on Mon?

The Wilson Family said...

Nancy and I should be on the ass check team. RULE #1 Please avoid all spandex that is light in color on rainy/drizzle rides (or any ride) RULE #2 Spandex is made out of polyurethane. It was first used in World War II. If you can wear out a product that is WWII realated (atomic bomb was also WWII) then maybe you need to save a little cash and buy a new pair. CRACK is dangerous. RULE #3 Old shorts...pick up the REAR. Leave something to the imagination.

TG said...

Yeah those rides were fun too. I'm just glad the boot worked for Meatball after he cut his back tire. I'm going to need to buy some more of those.