Monday, June 4, 2007

Triple Mountain

Officially the ride is called 3 Mountain Madness---but that's a stupid name so I don't call it that.

What a great ride. As usual, I blew up about 3 mile into the ride. I cannot keep a fast pace without a good warm-up first. I did get to see Jason and Steve coming down all three hills. But I almost caught Steve at the end. I think I finished 2 minutes behind him. I have not had a computer on my bike for awhile so I don't know my average speed, heart rate, feet climbed or how many Wendy's we passed.

I did find some people to pace behind going up Sauratown and many of the hills between Hanging Rock and Pilot. That helped a ton just being able to concentrate on someone's pace in front of you.

I did not see anything funny on the ride this year. Usually you see someone puking on Saurtown or a chicken get splattered by a speeding pick-up truck (that really did happen last year, I swear!). So it was rather uneventful in that respect.

And no Captain Midnight. So bummed about that.

Tour de Gaps is coming up. I should probably get some more goo packs for that one.

No comments: